A Walk in the Woods

(What a great book by Bill Bryson that is, but this blog isn't about it)

Yesterday I went for a walk in the New Forrest woods with the Southampton University Hillwalking Club that I recently joined. It was a thoroughly splendid day out meeting lots of really friendly people - I really like people who enjoy walking (they're like the wholemeal of society).

Autumn is inbound but it's full force has not struck yet, so although there was an autumn feel to the day's 8 mile walk around Brockenhurst, the full glory of autumn wasn't quite there yet. I'll give it a few weeks and head out again.


These photos were shot with a 1/3 under exposure and I have done some tweaking in Picasa to make them more ethereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your comments here.